Over the past 2 weeks my English class and I embarked on journey to begin writing our creative short stories. Displayed below are my first and last drafts and with careful analysis you can clearly see how much both in quality and in quantity my drafts have improved. I have to say that it was a long and tedious process, but at the end of the day it was interesting having to have faced all of the challenges I did along the way. For example, on thing that really challenged me was to have to shorten my final draft. I finished off with about 1680 words and our limit was unfortunately 1500! So, I was forced to flesh out the points that really don’t add to or enhance the text at all and just throw them out.
Another thing that was difficult for me was the use of commas and separation of thoughts in my text. This was pretty apparent in the beginning since my peers pointed it out when we were doing the trio meetings. I tried to research punctuation forms and how to separate dialogues and the end product turned out pretty well.
So, overall the whole process was an interesting and educational journey that I think really helped me as a writer overall. Hopefully on our next creative writing story I can address the weak points better in order to have an overall better product.